Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Monsoon here, hear

21/9/2012

Here,

in the garden, with the wind, with rain
rotting the roots of the papaya tree

I hear battering rhythm of pellet, here


the rain, unceasing to me, comes back,
then goes away, then back

I hear watery rhythm of breaker, here


the rain, tiring after the afternoon workout
thinking to take a break

I hear quiet rhythm of nothing, here


by the back, the pepper plant, cut  by amah,
bamboo, flowering bunga raya,

I hear perfume rhythm of aroma, here


the rain beginning to fade away
the wet air remaining, to heat one maybe

I hear molecular rhythm of heat, here


the sun on its western way home
night insect begin to play in the tree

I hear night-time rhythm of wing rubbing, here


I am in the night, just me
they are out, or away far from the place

I hear whirring rhythm of the fan breeze, here


I ask a question.
Why, in the night, there might be a rainstorm again

I hear the atom rhythm of an empty brain, here


 I wait, but for what I might ask
in a night of nothing here for me

I hear the talking rhythm of me talking to me, again and again, here


I hear nothing here