Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A fly in a bag / Trio / Miniature moon

March 2009 
 the hanging bag by the rear window in there, 
a fly buzzing in irritation, 
incomprehension at being unable to get out 
 wondering what it had done to be in this predicament 

 the opaque pale grey jamming its orientation 
 the walls in gentle tremor against the wing 
 the fish bone, meat bit just watch 
 they do nothing to help four fifty; but maybe high noon too 
 I chop carrot, apple get water - my tea 

 it got out 
I went to check after tea

Trio

25 March 2009 

by the rear in the half lit garden with four pm air 
two mynahs beat wing and bop on the concrete 

one oriental robin magpie, enquiring with a peck or two 

by corner tree in agitating motion 
a wary running bird poking but the name…

Miniature moon

March 2009 

On my right palm the
 blister from hoeing is like a miniature moon 
I can pick it, or keep it 
calm in its ignorance, 
in harmony with the earth 

but not with me