Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2.44 / 7.40 August 2000

Wednesday 9 August 2000

I
had quite
a heavy programme
today, not
that
I mind that
I enjoy
the
work
here

I am
out
of the
house 7.40,
the time, not the Volvo, a
244
but
in
the
Proton

8 to 10

Diploma in Computer Science, some final presentation
others practice, technocrat future of the country

10 to 12
Reading for academic purposes, B Acc
ASEAN, business topics
computer lab number one, with air con

A two
hour lunch break
taking
time under tree
to enjoy
rice, vegetable, curry chicken wing
when I buy
the woman
in bizarre way, flaps her arms in
imitation
maybe she thinks she is funny
maybe she’ll fly away
but then
who would cook lunch for me

2 to 4
Language Resource Centre, Hotel Management
mock interview, booking a room by telephone
gathering job related information

our head of department wants the place for half an hour
no electricity in her classroom; here many a time

crocodile smile, that’s okay
but in truth it messes up
the rest of the afternoon, for the students, for me

I cancel the men; happy they are getting back
to hostel an hour before they thought

I
wait
in
the corridor, glaring, bare
watching
the
temperature
going
away
albeit by fractional quantity

I wait
watching
the minutes go
on
their late afternoon way
going
to
a place
in
time